coming up for air

After a long and scary sleepless night we finally got to see a MD. When I got to the doctor's office I told the woman behind the counter that M was really struggling to breathe. She said, yeah, we see a lot of that lately. As I mentally grabbed her by the back of the head and slammed her face into the counter, I more politely said listen, she is having trouble breathing right now. I want to see a MD RIGHT NOW. I know, health care providers, that I am just a faceless number. But dammit, I need you to listen. to. me. or I just might go Wild Planet on you. I really just might.

M was taken back and learned that yes, her oxygen saturation levels were extremely low. Breathing treatment ensued. Another listen. Yes, it's walking pneumonia, oh, and probably, she's got asthma. Lots to figure out. KC, I wish you lived closer, and I wish you were my MD.

I can deal with all of this because I notice M now has color in her cheeks. 2 inhalers, no problem. prescriptions, cool. Because she can breathe again. Thank you.

And thank you for your wonderful thoughts and wishes. I was up all night, so re-reading your comments made me feel a bit less alone in the dark.