inspired

Right after I wrote my last post J-Dog took M to the park and to ride a train and left me alone in the house for a few hours. I realized in that moment how lucky I am, and how blessed. And how rich life is. A father who loves to spend time with his daughter. A daugher that never, ever fails to throw herself in my arms screeching mama, grin as wide as the sun.

I've reflected on my posts lately, and yes, something is trying to come out. And it'll make it's way. But it's easy to push aside the joy, the most simple and beautiful joys that come from each and every day. Metro Mama posted about this, and it inspired me and the truth was blinding.

It's often easier to sink than rise. Gravity, be damned. Sometimes we need to stop looking and just enjoy the view.

What was the grace and light in your world today?

Mine was when I noticed M trying to imitate me in the mirror - she reached up and patted her hair and tossed her head (who's the vain mum here?) I hadn't even realized I'd done it till she did it too and then looked up at me, grinning ear to ear, saying "like mama, like mama".

I gobbled that up and am entirely full.