jungle fever


While the picture is overexposed and you'll have to take my word for it that we are not using forced child labor, here is a glimpse of progress on our two acre jungle paradise....our local friends cleared the underbrush and are tending the grass till we make it back and figure out how to stay. (I still can't believe it's ours. Oh, and that we own a lawnmower in Belize. A Belizean lawnmower of all things).

Can you see those itty bitty fence posts in the background? We now have a fence!

The second shot is the view facing the river, where one day I'll bathe M and wash our clothes. Alright, who am I kidding....we'll drag chairs to the edge and drink beers at sunset.


It's tough to really explain how wanderlust lives inside me. About how every day I dream of dusty backpacks and local buses. About food stalls and foreign beer. About discovery and challenge.

The only person I know who gets to make that sort of travel a reality on a regular basis is the lovely Lucia who travels the world exotic in the name of goodness.

Have you met her yet? If not, you should.