sitting around the poetry fire

I love the idea of a freeflowing exchange of creative and soulful thoughts...and thus came my poetry roundtable idea.

Juices flow best if left to their own devices, so please know it's more about speaking to what moves you in the moment, abstractly or otherwise, and less about rhyme or syntax. I personally think those two things interfere with poetry anyways. Perhaps it's more of a story than a poem, or a story told via this medium, or what have you. It's wide open.

I see it evolving like this: I'll post the initial line of the poem below and if you are so moved, add a line in the comments section. After a day or two I'll compile it all, title it based on what we've collectively written and post our creation in all it's glory.

Game on, sisters (and you too, occasional brothers). We can keep each other warm.

A crimson stain spreads round her feet