asleep on the couch

If you don't feel like being traumatized, feel free to stop reading now. Because I've got a bucketful of trauma down there. But I can't bear to keep this inside my head any longer. I've got to do something to get it moving on and along and through.

A two year old baby girl was killed a week or so ago in the area where I live. I only saw local coverage - so I don't know to what extent it was covered elsewhere, if at all. Her mother's drug dealing boyfriend decided that she was cheating on him, so the bastard took a sippy cup, but a lethal dose of GHB in it, and gave it to the precious, precious little baby girl to teach the mother a "lesson". The baby girl drank it, and went into horrible convulsions of horror and suffering.

By the time her mom arrived home, she was just about dead. She died shortly thereafter. The bastard was asleep on the couch. Asleep on the couch. Asleep on the couch.

The half empty sippy cup was found near the little girl. With the words GHB written on the side.

Every time I've looked at M this week, all I can see is the infinite preciousness and trust she offers me. She takes what I give her, she eats what I feed her. She drinks from the sippy cups I offer her. I have not been able to wrap my arms around how this sick fuck could have possibly done this to a little baby girl.

Asleep on the couch.

It's beyond me. And I cry for that precious, precious little girl, who so trustingly drank from what was offered her. And it scares me, the sadism and hate and cruelty in this world. In our neighborhoods. Towards our children. Towards ourselves.

Rest in peace, little one.