a free rambling song

We walk to our local farmer's market almost every weekend. It's the best way I know to get local organic produce, bread, and cheeses, and since we are trying to incorporate more sustainability into our daily lives this is our best shot - Whole Foods is nice (if you can afford it), but if they truck their organic free range stuff in from Argentina then I am still missing the point. It's hard to be sustainable in the city.

M dressed herself in a perfect combination - piratey fadiddle shirt, purple tights, striped pants, polka dot skirt and a green vest. She's cute anyways (what the hell, I can say that if I want to) but a child dressed like that dancing to the guy singing Angel from Montgomery is a complete show stopper. When it makes the farmers fork over free produce you know you've done something right.

Angel from Montgomery is one of my all time favorite songs. The lyrics, the rhythm, the longing of the voice, (no matter who sings it) make me long for a cowboy hat and that sort of hard living...the kind where if whiskey were an ocean I'd swim forever and never come up for air. So I was right there with her, singing along with the singing man and a few other assorted folks; a couple of kids, an older man, and some produce vendors. One of those moments that are so easy, and so perfect, you want to stay still in that space forever.

But songs end, as songs always do, and it's then it's time to move on.