Sunday, January 21, 2007

still not quite done taking advantage

Enchanting z. recommended Pan's Labyrinth a while back and since I am in general awe of her and her assorted whimsies and intellect I knew I needed to check it out. I saw it last night and was enthralled. One of the best movies I've ever seen. Thanks, Z, you mad englishwoman, you.

How did I get to go to the movies, you ask? It appears that GrandparentGate is not quite over. We've had another branch of the institution out to spread much worship (and assorted choking hazards, thank you very much for not reading any labels prior to purchase) for the weekend.

Which means J and I get to head up to the City today and connect with some friends we haven't seen in ages in some dark, dank bar and (not) watch the Pats game.

Or better said; I get to drink beer unaccompanied on a Sunday afternoon.

14 comments:

Laurie said...

GrandparentGate, haha! Very funny. I am glad you are getting some much deserved relaxation time. Have a wonderful day!

Z said...

You are a tease. You say the sweetest things. Glad you enjoyed the film.

deb said...

Hope you have a wonderful day as well. A much needed break.

Mrs. Chicken said...

Dude. I am so jealous. I am counting WW points and looking at a filthy family room.

Enjoy yourself, if anyone deserves an unaccompanied beer, it is you.

QT said...

So happy you get some time away from the house. Have one for me, too!

kristen said...

beer in a bar on the weekend....dude, i'm seriously jealous.

KC said...

GrandparentGate...oh, how I long for some spoil scandal (and better yet, couple time doing adult couple things). We'll be staying in, drinking heavily. Not because of any football game mind you. Have fun!

Tabba said...

Bwahaha. GrandparentGate. Love it sister.
A beer on a Sunday. My version of getting right with God.
Seriously.
Were you sitting in a dim, dark bar, drinking a beer and a man the likes of Tom Waits at the other end?
No?

Oh, well. A girl can dream.

carrie said...

Mmmmmm....beer.

Carrie

Momish said...

It's good to hear you getting some relaxation and fun time! Enjoy it and soak it up. I want to see that movie, even more now!

flutter said...

*sigh* What a lovely way to spend the day.

Thank you for your comment over my way. For some unknown reason it made me tear up, a little.

urban-urchin said...

that's one of the big things I miss about living in sf; immediate (ten minute away) grandparent access. We could go to a movie, out to dinner, they'd pick the kids up for the day etc. Now? None for me. Sigh.... Enjoy it!

ewe are here said...

I'd love a beer.
Just one.

sigh.

Glad you got out and about. Sounds like you had a relaxing peaceful time.

metro mama said...

I really want to see this one.