strategic planning

M is sick. Not horrendously so, but just enough not to qualify for daycare. It's complicated when you have two working parents and no back up options. When both parents have critical work issues and neither can easily take a day off.

It becomes a negotiation. Hashing out who has what on their plate and who can let what go. I lost today, but I mostly lost because I simply cannot miss work tomorrow, and tomorrow might look very much like today. J's outlook was worse today, and a bit easier tomorrow. Negotiation complete.

My child's health is far and away the most important thing. But it's amazing how complicated all of it gets.

I am still working on the post to answer some questions generated from the last post. This too, has been derailed by illness. But I am working on it regardless. I am anticipating a long and difficult day after a long and difficult night.

I sound like such a whiner. Ugh.