Saturday, July 28, 2007

chicago kicks ass

It's hard to sum up how fantastic it is to see these women in 3D. They all smell so good. And some of them will grab you at random and you will like it a lot. Others are sassy with red halter tops and great heels. It's been a giant squeal-a-thon where two realities collide and you realize you are standing in front of someone you've been reading forever and a) they don't know who you are and b) it's because you never put pictures of yourself on your blog.

The conference itself has been highly secondary to getting to meet so many fantastic women. Canadians are outrageously beautiful women and I think I have a crush on one of them. And I have these two fantastic non-snoring roommates that are fetching me coffee as I lounge around on the bed and type this post.

So once my slightly addled, post mojito currently bloody mary brain rights itself I promise to post more eloquently about all the sights and smells in Chicago this weekend. But I wanted to check in on all of you who couldn't join us this year and let you know I am thinking of you. Hugs that were sent by others have been duly given and if your ears are burning on and off it's because you are being actively missed.

26 comments:

liv said...

waaah!!!! making me bawl even more. i am feeling like the girl who chose not to go to prom and then is sitting at home eating junk food and regretting it. poo.

kgirl said...

It's Sandra, innit?

slouching mom said...

Kisses and hugs to everyone from me!

Deezee said...

jealousy, pure jealousy :)

Tabba said...

can i just tell you how much this is effing killing me?!?!?!

torture. torture, i tell you :)

Beck said...

Yeah, I'm not jealous AT ALL. No way. Uh uh.
Didn't you wear nametags or anything? I kind of pictured a big room full of women milling around with the names of their blogs on their shirts.

flutter said...

awwww you guys! I am loving all of the stories...we miss you, too.

Mad Hatter said...

Pleased to hear you got the hug and if the hug delivery woman is the Canadian you have the crush on, hands off lady! She's mine.

Green with envy here in Sleepy Town.

mamatulip said...

Hey, friend. So glad to hear this experience has been wonderful for you. I've been thinking about you -- and all of the fantastic women at BlogHer this year -- and wishing you all a most excellent time.

xo

Mad Hatter said...

Furthermore, need I remind you that you are already married to a Canadian?

Sober Briquette said...

Oh, ha! Just the coffee in bed would do it for me, but it all sounds divine.

alejna said...

Ah, it sounds so very beautiful. Thank you for sharing the fun and joy and grabbiness of it. I can't wait to read more.

Susanne said...

How nice of you to share a little. We hope for more.

And have fun.

Julie Pippert said...

I hope so!

I hope you've had a wonderful time and you have from the sounds of it.

I hope the rest of us were missed and I'll take those passed along hugs...so many thanks!

I can't wait to read what you brought back with you...I know it will be awesome. :)

Aliki2006 said...

We miss you too! I can't wait to hear more...

Christine said...

can you brig me back a mojito? please?

Kyla said...

It was great to meet you. :) It WAS fun, wasn't it?

kiki said...

Mojitos without slimy mint leaves sliding down the throat!!

I hope your flight was good my friend, I had a fantastic time and you, you are AMAZING. (= xoxo

Hel said...

Give me another hug and I will forgive life for not magically getting me there

kristen said...

in all seriousness...it was great to spend time with you this weekend. you and neen have spoiled me for future roommates, it was that easy with you. and fun. love to you. xo

Anjali said...

Sounds awesome! Can't wait to hear more!

Lawyer Mama said...

It was so fantastic to meet you, Jen! The best part of BlogHer was definitely meeting everyone, although I am still hung over. I wanted to take you all home with me. Damnit.

And I have a total crush on the Canadian in the red halter top too. I'll fight you for her!

Sandra said...

Am missing you already you amazing (and oh so hotttt in person) woman. Really missin you bad.

You know you are an honourary Canuck now, right?

mitzh said...

Glad to know that you had a blast!

Momish said...

I would do anything to be the gopher fetching your coffee! Really I would!!

Redneck Mommy said...

Darlin'.

There are just no words.

My heart is full.

(And so were my hands...with your boobs, as I recall; and my mouth...filled with my very first mojito. Thanks for both.)

It was a pleasure.

Now, which one was the Canuck in the red halter top, cuz I wanna go find her and cop a feel...