Monday, October 01, 2007

fall

Fall brings a mixture of emotions for me. A gratitude for the cooler days, a chill in the night air that reminds me of my youth, the need to gather things a bit closer. And of course, the promise of rain. Living in a desert makes it easy to long for the rain, a deep cleansing of the earth that nothing else can quite mirror.

Our September Just Post Roundtable is coming up soon. If you have read or have written a post about social justice this month send the link to me at girlplustwo(at)yahoo(dot)com and I'll send you the button. You and the post(s) you've shared will be included at our Just Post Roundtable on the 10th and will now be featured on four blogs across the world. You can also learn a bit more about how we've gone global here.

If this is new to you send me an email or click on one of the Just Post buttons over there on your right. See them? It's the one with the purple dove. All are welcome.

17 comments:

Beck said...

Fall is just straight out melancholy for me, but almost ENJOYABLY so - I do like to wallow.

Lawyer Mama said...

I love Fall. It appeals to the introvert in me.

Susanne said...

Fall is my favorite season. It is particularly beautiful here in Bavaria where we have marvelously sunny weather now. (Really, it's "Oktoberfest-Wetter".)

Kyla said...

How I wish we had fall!

I hope there is an amazing turn out for Just Posts this month.

QT said...

Fall is a mix of emotions for me too - sad to see summer go, but I love the colors and the crisp night air.

Looking forward to lots of new reading material, as usual!

Amy York said...

I love fall too...
I'm also looking forward to Just Posts. I wish I knew of someone to nominate... I don't know how I could pick just one! I need to start making a note when I find one I think would be good... Can we nominate more than one?

cce said...

Fall used to be my favorite time of year. Until I became a New England homeowner, the keeper of a very wooded lot. Now Fall represents leaves and leaves and more leaves that need to be raked and collected and sprinkled deep in the woods. It's a Sisyphean task that seems to go on and on, well past Thanksgiving. But I am thankful for apple pie and warm slippers. I still have that.

Jennifer said...

Fall has never been my favorite season. I mourn summer for too long, kicking my heels widly and making Fall drag me along. This year, I am trying to take a new approach. I am trying to appreciate Fall for what she is. And I'll let Winter do the work required to drag me, kicking and screaming.

flutter said...

Fall is my favorite, I love the smells and the slowness.

ewe are here said...

The leaves have started to turn over here as well. It's lovely.

Karen Forest said...

I hope that the crispness of Fall brings a sense of renewed strength to your soul.

Hetha said...

Fall here in southern Ohio is nothing short of spectacular. It is blue skies, warm sun, and cool breeze all mingling together. The color wheel is never so vibrantly reflected. And Beck's pumpkin muffins are the perfect taste to match the sensory extravaganza!

Always love the just posts....

Denguy said...

Yes, I too, love the Fall.

Jenn said...

Fall, for me, is renewal.

I'm not one of those spring chicks. :)

FENICLE said...

Fall is my favorite time of year. My favorite season. But when it's still in the upper 80's in southern Indiana it is a little hard to enjoy!!!!

I'm waiting for my fall weather to arrive....

Casdok said...

I love fall too, you can hide all the wobbly bits more easily!!

jennifer said...

Fall is magical to me. I dedicated a post to it also.The change is so dramatic.
I'm glad you're on the upswing