Monday, May 19, 2008

hot luck

It has been hot here, so very hot. It was 95 degrees in our house the other day, I even noticed my chapstick melting inside it's case. I am not a fan of this sort of global warming heat but I suppose this is the beginning of the prices we'll all pay.

Our hike this weekend was fantastic. We swirled down and around a creek and saw a million lizards and brought enough water and M complained 50% less than usual. Things are coming to a head, we are getting ready for some enormous changes and it's almost scary how well things are falling into place. After our hike we were all busy, M wrecking havoc J cleaning out a closet and me making some food when I saw J staring out a window. I asked him what he was thinking and he looked at me smiling and said I just can't believe how lucky we are and I nodded and smiled because I've got some trouble believing it too That doesn't mean everything is perfect as it hardly ever is but it does mean that our hard work is starting to pay off in fits and starts.

I've got a review up at my other spot about some sweet little girl barrettes. Stop by before you go because I'm raffling a couple of them off and you know you want in on the action.


Bookmark and Share


15 comments:

slouching mom said...

i'm just so glad that everything's falling into place for you.

thailandchani said...

It shouldn't be too long for you now. All that planning is coming to fruition - which is how it should be.

You reviewed barrettes?

wheelsonthebus said...

It's hard to remember how lucky we are in the day to day. In very hot or very cold weather, I remember more because I realize we have the things we need to help us deal with it. As the planet warms and changes, as resources get more and more scarce, I fear that even the lucky will find themselves rather uncomfortable.

Sorry -- know this was not your point... But you understand more than most, I think.

painted maypole said...

so glad that things are working out!

Velma said...

It sounds like you guys are in a good place. :)

Defiantmuse said...

"You reviewed barrettes?" haha. Yeah, what Chani said. lol.

um. yeah, dude. hot. so freaking hot. up here too! And it's never hot on the coast!

glad you finally seem to have mastered the art of bringing enough water. That's kinda key, dude. :)

Amy Y said...

Glad things are working out, too, but still curious as to what things these are. :)

It's going to be 92 here tomorrow ~ what happened to spring!?

Hooray for 50% happier hiking :)

Kyla said...

It is miserable here today. I don't want summer to hit. Too hot.

Glad things are working out. I'm excited for you guys.

carrie said...

I like to ease into hot weather a bit, instead of being hit so suddenly! I need time to acclimate, darn it.

Unless, of course, I am getting off a plane in a tropical location. Then, it is just fine.

pgoodness said...

happy things are falling into place for you!! when do we get to know what they are?! (or have a been a bad bloggy-buddy and missed a post?)

it's taking forever to get warm here this year. apparently the global warming part of the earth falling apart hasn't hit here yet..

Jocelyn said...

Oh, sweet woman, your story makes me believe in karma. You will get your just rewards.

Off to look at barrettes!

QT said...

so frickin' excited for you, woman.

Janet said...

I think we had sleet here for a bit on the weekend. It didn't feel like global warming, but I guess it's all part of the same package.

Lucky, lucky you.

bgirl said...

you 3 inspire.

i've been stretching my little dude...trying to get him to embrace the outdoors has proven to be a bit more than i'd anticipated. regardless i continue and each time i read of one of your excursions it gives me strength!

telefonsex said...

Good Job! :)