Wednesday, June 25, 2008

collecting some tokens

Even though I've been blogging for two years I've only met one blogger socially outside of last year's BlogHer frenzy. While I've fallen insanely in love with my BlogHer peeps, none of them live anywhere near me so we've not seen each other since and it's probably what I'm most looking forward to this July. (Yes, I'm talking about you so you better get ready for me to climb all over you with giddy joy). So imagine my happiness when the lovely Alejna from collecting tokens fame emailed me to say she'd be in California and hey, did I want to get together?

So we had the pleasure of having Alejna and her family over for dinner and they were kind enough to drive a rather long distance to get here. We ate and laughed and talked and got to watch our daughters play and our partners connect. The evening stretched out, two women and their mates and daughters and it was sweet and lovely and grounding and good. We had the pleasure of discovering each other face to face and she is every bit as beautiful and witty and brilliant as she is on her blog. And she makes pregancy look damn good too. My only sadness is that they live on the other side of the country because I'd love to do it again next week.

And it made me all the more excited for BlogHer, to see old friends from last year and to get to have the chance to meet so many new ones. Three weeks to go and I can barely wait. Just barely. Dude.


Bookmark and Share

21 comments:

kristen said...

so. excited. dude!

Kyla said...

I'm glad you guys got a chance to meet!

Only 3 weeks left? This will be such fun.

QT said...

I love meeting bloggers whose blogs I have been reading for awhile. It still strikes me how easy it is to just pick up a conversation like you are old friends or neighbors.

Mad said...

Oh, I would love to meet Alejna. She's near the top of my list of bloggy conquests I MUST have. You, of course, top my list.

Lucky for me Alejna's in Boston or thereabouts. I know I can make that happen some day. Boston's just a hop skip and a 9 hour jump away.

crazymumma said...

You could always change your mind and git yer ass up to Niagara Falls and meet us northern gals. We can teach you how to ride a moose and put a mouse in a beer bottle. Aye.

Defiantmuse said...

sounds fun.

Janet said...

You are giving me severe BlogHer envy.

Magpie said...

i wanna be there. is it too late? i wanna meet you. and lots of others. but especially you.

kgirl said...

shit, i'd better get to niagara falls too - i have no idea how to get a mouse in my beer.

flutter said...

I am so excited to meet you :)

Madge said...

I've got to try and get to blogher sometime. Glad you had a good time, and hope you have a great time at blogher.

painted maypole said...

it's a good thing i'll be on vacation while you are at blogher, or I might otherwise shrivel up with envy

slackermommy said...

Looking forward to seeing you again!

meno said...

Better catch up on your sleep now, as i know you won't be getting any whilst you are there.

Family Adventure said...

How wonderful, jen. I've never met any of my bloggy friends. I am anxious to do so - and hopefully will have a chance in the near future.

Enjoy BlogHer. I'll be awaiting reports and pictures!

Heidi :)

Christine said...

makes me so , so sad that we didn't get to hook up when i came out.

and missing blogher stings me more this year than last.

have some extra fun for me, ok babe?

NotSoSage said...

damn. how i would love to have been sitting at that table. i keep threatening to make it to Alejna's neck of the woods...this makes me want to try even harder.

patches said...

and the fever begins building.

alejna said...

Oh, jen, you make me blush.

It was a wonderful evening. I wish we could do it again next week, too.

And Mad & Sage, I would be thrilled beyond words to have you over some time. Or to make it up to your neck(s) of the woods.

Lara said...

I'm new here - but I already know I hope our paths cross at BlogHer. I can't wait to get there!

KC said...

Seriously jealous of the two of you. I'm hoping to catch her on some conference route one day...

But, DUDE. blogher is right around the corner, and my blogHerpes is full blown. xo