Sunday, June 08, 2008

everybody gets a vacation

We've had a lot of family in town over the past month, grandparents, uncle, other grandparents. M's nana is in town now and will be for a little while, she hasn't seen M in a long time so the reunion was sweet. And quickly taken advantage of by M. Namely with a pouty face and a no one's buying me anything which causes grandparents to salivate and leap to attention and parents to have a heart attack that their child is actually acting that spoiled. All I know is someone is in for a big let down once everyone finally clears out.

Overheard this morning:
Nana: M, why are you dragging your baby around by it's neck?
M: It's not my BABY, it's my KITTY!
Nana: oh, but it's not a kitty it's your baby.
M: PRETEND! Nana!
Nana: oh, ok, why are you dragging your kitty around by it's neck?
M: It's DEAD, Nana.

(crickets)


Bookmark and Share

20 comments:

Defiantmuse said...

LOL.
too funny, dude.

flutter said...

Well DUH Nana. Really!

Little Monkies said...

Oh girlfriend, I Sooooooo needed that giggle at this exact moment.

(double snort)

TZT said...

now THAT was funny. And slightly macabre. Yay!

Binky said...

When I was little, my favorite joke in the world was "Why did the monkey fall out of the tree? Because it was dead." Boy, did I think that was hi-lar-i-ous.

M is my kind of pip.

Velma said...

Hey! That monkey joke was one of my favorites, too!

Lucia said...

Ha! (BTW...love the Che bus pic!)

mamatulip said...

*snort*

hele said...

She is clever your daughter. I always believed my cat was real and cried when my mother put it in the washing machine.

Susanne said...

See, I'm back, actually commenting again.

I'm curious about what happened next, actually.

Sizzle said...

Oh my! I totally laughed.

liv said...

it's posts like these that make me wanna sing and shout, "that kid is bad ass."

Redneck Mommy said...

Snort.

I love yer kid.

She's my type of gal.

Thinking of you, friend.

Madge said...

love it. what a cutie.

Amy Y said...

!
Hehe :)

Have fun with Nana there!

Hetha said...

We just had nana for a week and are still in withdrawl, especially me! The help rocked. M's got some seriously developed creative play skillz dude.

Tis I. said...

ROFL!!

She has your dark humor, Jen.

Beautiful.

Oh, that was so priceless and just the laugh I needed!

I've missed you!

painted maypole said...

ha ha ha ;)

ms chica said...

;)

From the mouths of babes

Kyla said...

Hilarious!