Wednesday, July 02, 2008

end of the line

I often share stories, ones that are not mine. I share them to bear witness, to etch it in stone somewhere because I believe struggles this hard have the right to be seen. But I don't always follow up, sometimes because it's awful and more often because we are only a stop on the journey and not the end of their road. But then sometimes again the dice comes up aces and the ride stops here.

Remember this guy? And this one? Both are on the verge of moving into their own places for the first time in a long, long time, a lifetime of longing and life in the streets. They are doing really well and are well on their way. I had nothing to do with this goodness aside from being lucky enough to watch others work their magic but it's the best kind of magic I know.

It's Just Post time again and that means I need you to send me the posts you've read last month that speak to you and speak of justice or mercy or goodness in the world big and small. I have the pleasure of talking about our lovely Roundtable as a panel speaker at BlogHer in a few short weeks and I plan on highlighting this month as an example of our community so I'm counting on you to help me by sending your posts or others you've read to girlplustwo(at)yahoo(dot)com. If this is new to you email me or check out the little purple and white buttons to your right. As always, the Just Post Roundtable is on the 10th.

Bookmark and Share

19 comments:

cce said...

Those are happy endings or at least sweet stops on their road of life and I know you have helped others like them get there!

QT said...

Thanks for the follow up. Even if the "happy ending" is the minority, it is just nice to hear what happened.

I whole-heartedly agree that the stories need to be told.

Beck said...

That made my heart leap to hear - I'm so glad.

Mayberry said...

Oh, thank you for the follow-ups! I do always wonder.

Amy Y said...

Thank you for the update ~ I'm happy for them :)

kristen said...

it's nice to bear witness to this magic from afar honey, nice to see all that you and your peeps have accomplished. xoxo

Kyla said...

Such good news!

I can't wait for your panel!

Mad said...

GAH!!! Big holiday here yesterday. I will get a button to you tonight.

painted maypole said...

hooking them up with others who work magic is a magic in and of itself. don't devalue the part you play.

painted maypole said...

(and I'm about to put up a post with a picture of the May Queen sporting a lovely new barrette. FINALLY)

carrie said...

Happy endings indeed. Thank you for sharing them w/us.

flutter said...

You have more to do with it than you think

Lu said...

I am looking forward to finally meeting you on our panel!

kgirl said...

I'm so glad they're doing well. And you're gonna rock BlogHer. Wish I was going to be there to hear it.

kgirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jocelyn said...

Sweetie--I haven't been making rounds very well of late, so your comment about where you're moving is so exciting. I'd say, yes, I had an idea of where you were moving, but then again, not for sure. I need to read through your recent posts to see if you've had updates I've missed. How exciting!

Ally said...

Wow, this is great news. Here's to happy endings for both of them.

Janet said...

Pure magic. It must feel awesome to bear witness to the happy endings, too.

Janet said...

Pure magic. It must feel awesome to bear witness to the happy endings, too.