Monday, July 14, 2008

the living is easy

It was perfect, this weekend. A little more than 24 hours spent cocooned in the warmth of my oldest friends, sharing both the highs and the lows, the twistings of our hearts. We spent too much time in the pool and I'm paying for it today, my sunburned face revels in the post mortem of our connection. Our yearly ritual will be thwarted by a jungle this year, I've conned them both into meeting me halfway in some sleepy little Mexican town next summer, we'll extend the 24 hours to maybe an entire 72. I will look forward to it all year long.

And now onward, in a few short days a whole other sort of giddyness will commence, more late nights and dearly missed friends, am counting the hours till I can sip mojitos next to you in the dark. But in between J and I will revel in another sort of loveliness, one where our child is safely swaddled at her grandparents and we will enjoy a few quiet and glorious summer nights to ourselves. Can you see my beaming face? Because it's beaming all the way from here.

Oh, and I almost forgot, I've got a new review up about environmentally friendly toothbrushes over here. Who doesn't love their teeth and our planet? Go see for yourself.


Bookmark and Share


17 comments:

thailandchani said...

Glad to know you had such a wonderful time!

hypoglycemiagirl said...

yay for grandparents! enjoy!

Omaha Mama said...

What a beautiful summer break you are having. There is a lightness to your posts that I am loving. You've earned it!

Christine said...

i'm glad it was good, and i'm glad you have some precious days with j.

enjoy blogher, love.

Amy Y said...

It sounds perfect!

crazymumma said...

right now I want your life.

meno said...

You have a pretty wonderful life you know!

flutter said...

glowing, really love.

mamatulip said...

So glad you had a good time. I think you needed that.

Madge said...

sounds like you are having a wonderful, wonderful summer.

Mad said...

Ack! Have you got my package yet? Will you be back home before Blog'Her? There's something in the package you might want to share with the other bloggery gals.

patches said...

24 hours is a wonderful thing.

QT said...

That sounds divine~

Ron Davison said...

sounds like all the things the doctor ordered for summer.

Janet said...

Dude. Perfect.

Polina said...

I admire this tradition of meeting old dear friends yearly - no matter where they are and where you are. Many of my own friends moved to some other parts of Europe and I don't have time and chance to go visit them. But I MUST try to invent something to have it fixed. we should definitely meet somewhere in between. Now, when I read your post, I do believe, it's possible!

Wayfarer Scientista said...

sun kissed/ friend kissed