right on target

Having company in town makes you see things through a different lens. Maybe like how pretty the flowers are or how crappy your house looks. Or how there are cops pulling people over everywhere or there's trash on the ground. Classy, I say. Taking visitors around your town makes you notice the abandoned parking lots or the broken down cars. And having people like Tanis in town means weirdos will hit on you while you are having dinner. No wonder she's Canadian, this place is terrible.

There were high points though, like when I scheduled some time at a local spa complete with smuggled in bellinis so I could get her drunk in the hot tub. Or when I took her to a great restaurant for lunch and let her believe I'd actually eaten there before instead of telling her I'd begged some MOMocrats for help so I could look fancier than I really am.

There was supposed to be a boy around on Saturday night but apparently the thought of hanging out with us freaked him out enough that he made up some story about having to go to New York to get pictures taken for a blogger calender. A Blogger Calendar? That's kinda like cranberries on pizza or hunting wolves from a helicopter, it's just not right. Since he was gone she made me do the one thing I think she's been dreaming about her entire life. That's right, people. I took her to Target.

No really, I did. And she was way too excited about it, but that's why I love her. She's the most complex woman I know. She's got the proof so I'll leave it to her to show you. Or try to deny it. Whatever. But no matter what she says, it was her idea. It. Was. Her. Idea. After all the other classy stuff I just don't think I could recover from this one too.

All the hoopla caused me to forget to remind you about the upcoming Just Post Roundtable. It's not too late to send your September posts on social justice to me at girlplustwo(at)yahoodotcom. All the posts will be featured on the 10th. If this is new to you click on one of the purple buttons down the page on your right.


Bookmark and Share