Friday, October 24, 2008

thank you

There aren't enough words to express my gratitude that so many of you would so generously give money to people you do not know. As of today, we've received $510 - an amount that goes twice as far where it's going and will be used to offset the loss of basic needs like clean water and food. Some of you have said you'll give over the weekend so we'll hold anything else that comes and send another wire on Monday. I am overwhelmed at your compassionate spirits.

And more than that, you've given me hope and filled my head with ideas about what else is possible. So from the bottom of my heart - Thank You.

Update: $610 has been raised. Thank you, thank you, thank you!


Bookmark and Share


4 comments:

Amy Y said...

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to help! I'd much rather give in a more personal circumstance than the charities that solicit my donations through the mail... This seems more important, somehow.

mamatulip said...

Thank you, Jen, for opening my eyes and making me aware.

I don't know jack about Paypal, but when I get a few minutes of Dave's undivided attention this weekend, I'll make my donation.

Love to you and these beautiful people.

carrie said...

I had no idea.

I'm emailing you right now hon.

Kyla said...

Wow. That is amazing!