Tuesday, October 28, 2008

we are clearly ready for it to be over already

Me: Want me to chop up some garlic for the pasta?
Him: OK. But you consistently use too much garlic.
Me: What? How can you say this 8 days before the election? You wait to bring this issue up till now?
Him: You do. Consistently. I've always thought so.
Me: 8 days before the election? This is what you tell me? How will this help? Why are you dividing when we should be healing?
Him: Turn off CNN.
M: Guys! Guys! Listen to me! Stop talking!
Me: Baby, you are interrupting.
M: But
Me: Baby.
Him: Honey, hold on.
M: Stop!
Me: Ok, M, keep talking, baby. We may have to cut your taxes.
Him: We'll spread the wealth of your toy box.
Me: We'll socialize the whole house if we have to. Groucho Marx, Karl. Whatever it takes.

M: Crumples into a ball and starts crying.
Shit. We scoop her up in a hug. We were totally kidding. Consoling commences. Irony doesn't quite work when you are four. Thankfully she's happy again rather quickly.
Me: J, fix it, man. You did this. You are like the RNC, you just won't quit. Use the spin machine for good for once.
Him: You started it.
M: No more debating! I hate debating!
Me: This is going to be a long week.

Because of all of you we've raised $940 for the village. Thank you. So much.
Update: As of Wednesday AM we've raised $950.00. Thank you!

Bookmark and Share


19 comments:

Denguy said...

I can't wait for it to be over, too. I'm tired of it hogging our air-time up here!

Karen said...

There is no such thing as using too much garlic.

Defiantmuse said...

yeah, I'm with karen on this one.

Anonymous said...

there can be too much garlic

and

too much politics

luckily i like alot of both

:P

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

It's almost over. Almost. OVER.

And as others said, there is no such thing as too much garlic.

Christina said...

What? You've been bugging my house?

:-)

I'm knee deep into it. Even wrote a post for Write to Marry day in support of the No on 8 campaign. I have no clue what the hell I will do with myself when it is all over. Maybe read a book?

Arwen said...

Not only is there no such thing as too much garlic, it should be spread around so everyone has an equal amount. Then no one can complain about their bad breath because we all have bad breath and we can move on to other things like world peace.

Kyla said...

Josh and I are voting for different candidates, you should hear what it is like at our house. Heh.

Ally said...

Seriously, this made me laugh so hard. I love your family.

crazymumma said...

Yeah. I forgot we had an election up here.

J, there is no such thing as too much garlic.

flutter said...

you have successfully offended the garlic contingent.

QT said...

Yeah...I think there is some PRO GARLIC PAC $$$ that are going to start flowing your way, jen.

mamatulip said...

I cannot WAIT until next Tuesday.

And. Dude. Garlic. LOVE.

Madge said...

just can't wait until tuesday night!

vikki said...

I'm ready for it to be over. Really.

painted maypole said...

he he he he he

cce said...

I totally checked out weeks ago - it was either that or go mad with waiting. I will cast my vote, put my fingers in my ears and close my eyes until the following day when the facts are the facts, no matter what some pundit has to say about it.

Magpie said...

Does McCain use too much garlic? What's J trying to say there?

I try irony on my kid too - and it nearly always backfires. But I never learn.

Mad said...

Yer funny.