Thursday, January 01, 2009

almost famous

I'm so happy to share that I've been invited to blog about our move to the jungle at BlogHer over the coming months. I've been asked to write six posts and the first is up today. While some of you already know the story, I'd love it if you'd stop by and let me know you were there. You can find it here: How we decided to move to the jungle

Also, we are collecting posts for our upcoming (and the final hurrah for Mad, Su and I) Just Post Roundtable on Monday, January 12th (postponed due to the weekend). We can't have a proper send off without all of you, so please send me your posts for the month of December to girlplustwo(at)yahooDOTcom before the 8th. We have a goodbye favor to ask of you as well, stay tuned for my next post.

Happy New Year, All. Let's make it our best year yet.

Bookmark and Share




13 comments:

kristen said...

dude, you are way more famous than you'd ever admit.

you are also my hero to be doing something that i would NEVER have the courage or gumption to do.

i also like the purdy picture of you over there...happy new year.

of all the people i know in this world, you are the one i worry least about, even in the jungle. you are so equipped, i just know it. xo

Omaha Mama said...

Great post. Will you please link to further posts so I can follow along? I can't wait to read what's to come!

meno said...

What's this "ALMOST" crap?

thailandchani said...

Great article! I'm really behind you on all your reasons. They just make good sense. You parallel my experience in Thailand in so many ways - the reasons I decided to make it my home.

Please let me know a way to send you care packages in the jungle. :)


~*

luckyzmom said...

I have wondered all along how this decision came about. Must have missed that post.

Wishing all three of you the very best life possible.

motherbumper said...

Happy New Year!

flutter said...

love you.

deb said...

I think of you often. Good luck and a safe journey.

crazymumma said...

All I could do was keep going up and look at you looking at me over your shoulder.
i totally understand why you are doing this. i think it is courageous and mildly crazy. But you gotta know I love that.

Dana said...

SO cool! I'm heading over there to read!

Maggie, Dammit said...

OK, you know what? I think that's the first opportunity I've ever had to see what you look like and I am COMPLETELY DISTRACTED BY YOUR HOTNESS! WTF?

Something about a jungle?

Magpie said...

That's a great post - and more detail than I'd known before. Thanks for sharing; and I look forward to more.

Anjali said...

Oh, I'm so excited about this, I feel like I'm going to the jungle!