Wednesday, April 22, 2009

passing go

Another long day sitting in hospital pre-op and post-op rooms, J is hanging in but today was painful, really painful and seeing him like this and seeing us like this is making me tired.  Simply put, the last few weeks have been hell around the plus two.  And the hot doctor didn't even look so hot.  I'm not sure why that is but am thinking it has to do with me.

But grace is everywhere, isn't it.  

It's in the nurse who took me aside and shared some coffee, in the man who lended a hand to a stranger when I'd lost my way, in the pharmacy tech who pulled some strings, to my parents and friends here and the ones in the jungle who keep checking in and of course, all of you.  It's in motion, all of it and in times like this you almost sit back and take stock of all the goodness swirling all around you and how if it wasn't for that you don't know how things would work and yet because of it they keep on.  

The world is a small and friendly place and those kidney stones, well lets just say those fuckers are toast. I've got them in a jar and if I wasn't so annoyed with them I might name them, perhaps Cheech and Chong or George and Dick, comedy duos high and low.

And now we wait.  We need the green light. The one that can set us free. 



Bookmark and Share

23 comments:

Gwen said...

hoping, hoping, hoping for the best news for you guys, jen. and for infinite quantities of grace, too.

deb said...

I'm glad the stones are out, they hurt like hell. Hoping and praying that there is no cancer. Take care sweetie.

Hetha said...

I have been out of the loop and just read about 8 posts here. I so feel for you guys and want you to know you'll be in my thoughts. You're one tough mama, you'll get through this!

Magpie said...

Glad the stones are OUT! Also, glad they gave them to you - I'm still bummed that they wouldn't give me my gall bladder stones.

Here's hoping the next news is good news.

Jenn said...

Those bastards are the.worst!

I had them once, thought I was dying, since I knew I wasn't in labor.

Hoping you feel much better very soon.

Andrea said...

I'm glad they're out, and that you're hopefully all going other-home soon. Happy Birthday, you, though it's not the best of circumstances--I'm thinking of you.

hele said...

love you sister*

dreaming you back in the jungle.

Amber said...

I'm glad the stones are out. I hope the green light comes quickly.

Keeping you guys in my thoughts...

deezee said...

thank you for taking the time to update us all here. and yes, green light indeed.

Kelly (conversemomma) said...

sending all my most positive energy that this goes your way.

Bon said...

good riddance to cheech & his buddy. may grace in abundant supply, and a green light of good health, replace 'em.

Kyla said...

Glad the stones are out. Hoping for the green light soon.

Tabba said...

the good news is coming, sister.

i can feel it in my bones!

Gina said...

I'm hoping for good news and a green light very soon!

bgirl said...

Waiting for the green.
Glad to know J is out of surgery.
Hugs to you and M.

Amy Y said...

Thinking about you guys!! Hang in there, Mama.

Lise said...

Thanks for updating. I'm just a random stranger, living across the country from where you are, but I'm pulling for you. Hope good news comes, and fast.

QT said...

Sending you ALL the good vibes I can muster....xoxo

painted maypole said...

i haven't thought about at all in any of your previous posts, but all of the sudden I remembered how AGES ago when my hubby and I were just engaged he had a cancer scare. Turned out to be a liver infection, easily cleared up with antibiotics. But I remember how much it threw me off, and it wasn't 1 tenth of the crap you've had to deal with.

I'm hoping and praying that you have a similar simple solution.

Ally said...

I'm praying for a big ol' green light for you, friend!

flutter said...

love you

Z said...

I don't think you're one to have always depended on the kindness of strangers, but it's good to find that grace is, after all, all around. Even when you're more accustomed to dealing with the less helpful areas of society. We can be buoyed up or cast down by the smallest of things at a time like this, so I'm glad you're being helped.

Susanne said...

Yeah for the stones to be out. I'm still thinking of you and J, may there be healing and peace and love aplenty.

Also happy birthday to you.